So, a question I get a lot is this: “Do I really need the whole kit?” And the short answer is, “Yes. Yes you do.”
I started out trying oils and blends here and there from a friend and it was fine—for a while—but having my own account has been priceless. Especially when I want an oil that is limited to 1 bottle per month. But I digress. When you buy the kit you become a wholesale member, which means when you run out of precious oils and need to buy more you get 24% off of the retail price. Forever. And no, there are no membership fees. You buy a kit, and BOOM! You’re a member. Just like that.
“Ok,” you say, “That’s great. But I don’t think I’ll have use for 11 oils. I just want lavender.” Fair enough. But you see, that’s what I thought too. I thought “I don’t want to spend the money and then not end up using the other 10 oils.” Lucky for me, I bought my oils through a friend who is part of a large group of oilers called The Lemon Droppers, and they showed me HUNDREDS of ways I could use oils in my home, and because they have replaced so many of the things I was buying from the store, I am actually saving money. Not to mention these are much, much healthier than what I was using before.
As I mentioned in a previous post, the Premium Starter Kit is the best value since it is $325 worth of products for only $160 (plus tax & shipping.) It includes 11 bottles of essential oil, a high quality diffuser, 2 packets of NingXia Red antioxidant infusion drink, 10 samples of some of Young Living’s most popular oils, 10 glass mini bottles so you can make a to-go kit or share oils with your friends, 10 business cards (in case you decide you want to try your hand at “doing the business”—totally optional), a roller fitment so you can turn one of your bottles into an easy-to-apply roller bottle, a beautiful product guide, Essential Oil magazine and more. Plus, it makes you a wholesale member automatically so you get 24% off of all future purchases. Sweet!
So let’s talk about those 11 essential oils. I am going to go through each oil and give you just a small sampling of ways you can use them. Are you ready? Ok, here we go!
Lavender Essential Oil Uses:
- Treat yourself to this well-loved aroma by adding a few drops of oil to lotions, shampoos, and skin care products.
- Create a spa-like retreat by combining 1 cup Epsom salt and 4 drops oil and adding to a hot bath.
- Make a basic homemade body scrub with coconut oil, sugar, and Lavender essential oil.
- Unwind with a Lavender-infused neck or back massage.
- Use Lavender as part of your evening routine. Rub oil on the bottom of your feet before bed or spritz your pillow with distilled water and Lavender mixed in a spray bottle.
- Create a DIY room freshener with Lavender or diffuse it to banish stale odors.
Frankincense Essential Oil Uses:
- Invite elevated spiritual experiences every day by diffusing this oil in your home or office.
- Add Frankincense to your daytime lotion or night cream for a custom moisturizer that highlights your natural beauty and helps diminish the look of scars and wrinkles.
- Incorporate Frankincense into your yoga ritual by diffusing this oil during your routine and following up with a post-practice massage.
- Rub on to the base of your neck before doing things that cause you occasional stress or worry.
R.C. Essential Oil Uses:
- Rub on your chest and back of the neck before an early-morning workout to support your respiratory system.
- Use with V-6 Vegetable Oil Complex for a foot or back massage after your gym routine, outdoor adventure, or yoga practice.
- Place a few drops in a hot bath or shower. The warm water will calm and soothe you, and the oil will diffuse with the steam for an invigorating and empowering experience.
- Brighten your outlook during early-morning errands by applying R.C. oil to your chest and wrists.
- Diffuse to support your respiratory system during a cough or other times when you would like to breathe easier.
Panaway Essential Oil Uses:
- Dilute with V-6 Vegetable Oil Complex and use as a massage oil to soothe muscles and joints after a vigorous workout or after a long day of work.
- Alleviate occasional minor head tension.
- Rub on to bruises.
- Apply to soothe any minor discomforts on your body.
Purification Essential Oil Uses:
- Add a few drops to laundry to give your wash a great-smelling boost.
- Place a few drops on cotton balls and stash them wherever necessary: the car, closets and drawers, air vents, or stinky gym shoes.
- Use in the car with a USB or travel diffuser to eliminate lingering scents of fast food trips or the soccer carpool.
- Refresh linens with a spritz of Purification, diluted with distilled water.
- Create an on-the-go air freshener with a spray bottle, distilled water, and Purification. Keep it in your bag to freshen up offices, public restrooms, hotel rooms, and cars.
Peppermint Vitality Essential Oil Uses:
- Add to your daily dietary supplements as overall support for healthy digestive system comfort. Simply add 1–2 drops in a vegetarian gel capsule and take daily or as needed.
- Include a drop in a tall glass of cool water for a refreshing start to your morning.
- Blend with your pre-workout drink for an energizing start or wind down after your workout with a mint-infused chocolate or vanilla protein shake.
- Use in baking and in a wide variety of desserts, or include a drop in a glass of water if you want to avoid sugar cravings.
Lemon Vitality Essential Oil Uses:
- Add to a tall glass of cold water for a fresh drink to start your day and help support a healthy pH level in your body.
- Add 1–2 drops to a vegetarian gel capsule and take daily or as needed for increased mental focus and clarity.
- Get rid of household dirt and grime the healthy way. Use it on sticky residues from stickers, crayons etc.
- Create custom vinaigrettes or marinades to add a bright taste to summer salads and grilling.
- Add it to tea, baked goods, homemade preserves, and other treats.
- Add 1 drop in plain or vanilla yogurt. Top with fresh berries.
- Combine with savory foods such as chicken, fish, shrimp, and vegetables and with sides such as noodles, rice, or pasta salad.
Thieves Vitality Essential Oil Uses:
- Add 1–2 drops to a vegetarian gel capsule and take daily or as needed as a dietary supplement to support healthy immune function, especially when others around you are not feeling 100%.
- Put a drop or a swirl of Thieves Vitality essential oil in your morning juice, tea, or coffee. The spicy, sweet flavor will also give your morning beverage a flavor boost.
- Gargle to support oral health.
- Take a shot of NingXia Red with a drop of Thieves Vitality for a quick, spicy boost to your daily NingXia Red shot.
- Use it in your DIY hand sanitizing and foaming hand wash recipes. Spray door knobs, shopping cart handles etc during times when germs are being spread around rapidly.
Copaiba Vitality Essential Oil Uses:
- Add a drop to a spoonful of raw honey to help soothe a sore throat.
- It promotes healthy skin. Apply to your face as an all natural moisturizer. Bonus, it can help smooth the appearance of wrinkles!
- Take in a veggie capsule to support the respiratory and digestive systems.
- Layer it on top of other oils, such as Panaway, to drive the oils deeper into your body and help support your body’s natural anti-inflammatory response
DiGize Essential Oil Uses:
- To help you wind down for the evening, diffuse DiGize essential oil to enjoy its relaxing aroma.
- The Earthy, relaxing scent of the essential oils in DiGize makes it a perfect fit for diffusing in the home or even the car to help your kids feel calm during long rides.
- DiGize essential oil is one of YL’s most unique essential oil blends, combining Tarragon, Ginger, Peppermint, Juniper, Lemongrass, Anise, and Patchouli oils for a spicy, exotic aromatic blend. DiGize oil also includes Fennel essential oil, the use of which dates back to ancient Egypt. This blend is excellent for supporting digestive health. Have a drop in some water or in a veggie capsule before or after a heavy meal.
Stress Away Essential Oil Uses:
- Young Living’s Stress Away essential oil blend is a natural solution created to combat normal stresses that creep into everyday life. Stress Away is the first product to contain the unique stress-relieving combination of lime and vanilla pure, therapeutic-grade essential oils. Add a drop to a glass of water to help you feel more relaxed.
- Stress Away also includes copaiba and lavender to reduce mental rigidity and restore equilibrium. Add your roller fitment to your bottle to use as a tropical smelling perfume for those times when you desire to feel more calm.
- Featuring powerful plant constituents, such as the cedrol found in cedarwood and the eugenol that occurs naturally in vanilla, Stress Away can help induce relaxation and reduce occasional nervous tension. Put a few drops into your diffuser to promote a calm, relaxing environment in your home, car or office.
So those are the 11 oils that come in your kit, and just a small fraction of what you can use them for. When you grab a kit through me I will walk you through the unboxing of your kit and share other ways you can use your oils. Plus I will show you how to use your diffuser, how to apply your roller fitment to the oil of your choice and I will give you a handy essential oil guide to help get you started. If you are on Facebook, I will also introduce you to thousands of other oilers in my secret essential oil education groups where we share essential oil recipes, DIY tips, tips on supporting your wellness and emotional well being and so much more. And if you ever decide you might be interested in checking out the business side of things in a non-threatening and no-pressure way, I have groups for that too.
So, if you want to grab a kit from me, what are you waiting for? Click here for instructions on how to become a Joyful Oiler, or if you feel like you have more questions feel free to contact me. 🙂 You can email me at email@example.com or you can friend me on Facebook. I am always happy to help! Remember, once you’re a member I will send you your free essential oil guide and I will personally walk you through your kit, either online or in person if you’re local. Happy oiling!